Exploring the land of the Gods
You may find leaving Villa Raja is a hard task, but invest in a Lonely Planet Guide, or visit baliplus.com to ensure you see the best of Bali. Below are a few of our favourites.
- Echo Beach
- As Martha and the Muffins once said, Echo Beach really is "far away in time".
Drive down Jalan Pantai Bolong and within minutes you'll be at one of the most popular surfing beaches this part of Bali. Grab something to eat at the Echo Beach Cafe or further along the beach at Lagong or Boulare restaurants.
- Blue Ocean Beach
- Off Jalan Double Six. Sometimes described as the 'hippie beach', this part of Legian Beach is the safest to swim at, so it is ideal for children. You can rent beach chairs and umbrellas while you enjoy a meal on the beach at Zanzibar or Tekor Bali. Surfing lessons are provided by Bali Surf School.
- Dreamland / Balangan Beach
- Ask your driver to bring you to a surfer's paradise - Dreamland Beach in the Uluwatu area. There are warungs for lunch and beach loungers/umbrellas you can rent for only Rp. 15,000./ day or treat yourself to a massage on the beach for about Rp. 25,000.
- Ku de Ta Beach
- In Seminyak, Ku de Ta restaurant is where the jet set go to be seen. It was the setting for Kate Moss' 30th birthday and has rumour has it one of Brad Pitt's favourite spots. Bring your own towel or sarong and enjoy their range of cocktails at sunset.
- Nusa Dua Beach
- It may not have beach chairs or umbrellas but its crystal clear water and stretches of white sandy beach attract visitors from all over the world. Watch a Barong performance at Batubulan and climb the steps of the Mother Temple, Besakih.
- Hard Rock Hotel
- The Hard Rock's poolside is the perfect beach-pool combo to spend an afternoon. Children love the endless sandy pool, the pizza, the playground and the water slides. Catch some great bands performing at sunset. You will have to pay a small entry fee to use the resort's facilities.
- The Hu'u Bar has a chill-out pool and provides towels. Have lunch there, enjoy the pool and then take the short walk to the beach. It is one of the newest and hippest restaurant lounges in Seminyak! Excellent food and atmosphere.
DIVING / SNORKELING
- Heaven Divers
- The Heaven Divers will come to your villa pool to instruct you for your PADI diving license. While a little more expensive, the luxury of having your personal diving instructor in your villa and a personal guide wherever you choose to dive is well worth it.
Ph 0361 732 683 or 0811 385 736
WATER SPORTS / SAILING
- Bali Adventure Tours Water Rafting
- Lots of fun, safe and brilliant views/waterfalls. Bring shorts or swimsuit, T-shirt, sunscreen, sports or walking shoes and a change of clothes; all other equipment provided. We suggest the afternoon rafting (lower prices, less people).
Ph 0361 723 355
- Blue Oasis Beach Club
- The Blue Oasis Beach Club is situated on a sandy beach on the southern end of Sanur, Bali, in front of a protective reef which provides good diving whilst the lagoon makes it an ideal place to learn and enjoy kitesurfing, windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing and wakeboarding. The reef creates flat-water cruising conditions inside the lagoon and waves on the reef vary from small to mast height.
- Island Explore
- Bali's most luxurious 46' - private yacht is available for charter. Afternoon cruise and Island Day with sunset dinners. Maximum of 6 persons.
Ph +62 361 728 088
- Waterbom Park
- A must for anyone traveling with kids. Get wet, get wowed! This is a sprawling 3.8-hectare tropical adventure park of exhilarating world-class water rides! High-speed slides, dizzying trails, cardiac-pounding rides. For the faint-hearted, relax! There's a whole lot more for everyone in the family! Tuban, Kuta across Kartika Plaza.
NATURE & ADVENTURE
- Bali by Horseback
- Nearby Umalas Stables offers a choice of professionally trained horses and ponies and the latest riding and safety equipment. Treks range from 1-3 hours including a special sunset ride along the beach. Pool, BBQ's, playground for your children as well as a cafe and very friendly atmosphere. Umalas.
Ph. 0361 731 402
- Bali Safari and Marine Park
- Bali's latest attraction; ride in special safari vehicles and interact with 400 animals from Indonesia, India and Africa.
Ph. 0361 950 000
- Ubud and Monkey Forest
- Simply a must see destination. For more than a century Ubud has been the island's preeminent centre for culture, fine arts, dance and music. Down the road from the centre, the Monkey Forest is home to about 200 monkeys who inhabit three amazing 14th century temples.
- Elephant Safari Park
- Acclaimed as the World's Best Elephant Park, this is the place to feed, ride and learn bout these majestic creatures.
Ph. 0361 721 480
- Bali Bird Park and Bali Reptile Park
- See over 1000 birds in Bali's only bird park then go next door to see a real Komodo Dragon!
- Bali Bungy Co.
- Catering for the courageous, Bali Bungy will pick you up from the villa. You will receive two single bungee jumps, a T-shirt and a certificate of achievement. You can also try "sky-surfing". Be like Superman as you glide through the air as if you were flying! You can choose to fly alone or with a friend. With an excellent safety record you only have to worry about your courage to jump.
+62 361 75 2658
- When visiting temples in Bali, it is always important to be properly dressed. Sarongs and sashes can be rented at the entrance of most temples.
- Tanah Lot
- Tanah Lot, one of the most popular places of interest in Bali, is located on the west coast of Bali, at the village of Beraban in the Tabanan Regency. The temple Pura Tanah Lot, simple in its construction, is dramatic in its ocean-front location and is one of the main temples in the worship of Balinese gods. During high water the rock takes on the appearance of a large boat at sea, such is its shape. Poisonous snakes live in the nearby caves to 'guard' the temple and contribute to the temple's dangerous reputation. Sunset is the best time to visit Tanah lot, when the golden red skies frame the temple and waves crash into the rocks.
- With stunning views down the cliffs from the temple and across the Indian Ocean, this is a truly romantic location, just hold on to your wallet and other loose items when the monkeys are close!
- Pura Tirta Empul
- Its 13 fountains (each fed from another main temple in Bali) are declared to be the holiest springs in Bali. Take some water home with you - it's believed to have magical healing and cleansing powers.
- Visit the sacred Lake Beratan and its holy temple inside the crater of a volcano in the mountains of Bedugul (water skiing and boats available). Stroll through the famous Bedugul market (this is Bali's center of agriculture). Have a picnic in the stunning Botanical Gardens (Kebun Raya) and enjoy the cool and fresh weather (take some warm clothing)!
- Nusa Lembongan
- Sail "Sail Sensations" or "Wakalauka" to Nusa Lembongan - Bali's small island neighbour and snorkel around its stunning coral reefs. Or just enjoy the white sandy gorgeous beaches and bays, the sail takes about two hours.